Here is Michelle, checking into The Conrad.
Had to take a picture of the lobby with its amazing light! The hotel was right in the middle of the city, so it was easy to walk wherever we needed to. I'm not a city girl by any stretch of the imagination, but to walk around the city with friends was really fun.
We had a while to hang out at the hotel before we met up with Michelle's friend Melissa for dinner and drinks. We had to get ready to go out and I asked Michelle if she'd do my hair for old times sake. When we were in high school and beyond, Michelle would do my hair for every event from Sweetheart's Balls, to Proms, to even doing my make-up for my wedding! As you'll see in the upcoming photos, she did a great job as always!
We were on the top floor of our hotel, so I had to take a picture to show the city.
Here are my two best friends! Teresa is on the left and Michelle is on the right. We've been friends since elementary school. Seriously, can't imagine my life without them. They're fantastic and I'm always guaranteed a side-splitting good time when I'm with them.
We had dinner at an Irish Pub, whose name I can't remember for the life of me. It was delicious!
Of course, Teresa told me she had to take a picture of me doing an Irish jig. Of course, never being "lucky" enough to see Riverdance like they had, my knowledge of jigging was minimal. So, this is what I came up with. Still cool, right? ;-)
After dinner we went to a club called "Blue". We got there before like 8pm, so we were the only ones there for hours! Well, with the exception of a bartender in gold spandex, knee socks, and a headband. I'm still kicking myself for not getting a picture with him. He was awesome! We sat in a wrap-around bench at the front of the club and had a fabulous time. We were right up front by the DJ and they played 80s music the whole night. We loved it!

This is Michelle's friend Melissa who joined us that night. She was super-nice and so like us. She wasn't intimidated to be with 3 crazy gals and we all had a great time together!

Again, you'll notice the crazy that came as the night wore on! It was the best!
I couldn't get my leg up nearly as high as T did, so I opted for the Fonz look. Hhhheeeyyy. Can you tell we were having a good time? ;-)
Because it was 80s night, of course Slash from Guns 'N Roses had to show up. He was very free about leaning in with the crotch, as you'll notice, which just made us laugh harder .... and quickly reach for the hand sanitizer! ;-)
Later in the night, when people actually started showing up, it got to be really fun to people-watch! There was a guy there in a full suit that looked to be about 50 yrs old that was getting WAY to into whatever was going on there. He was hugging all the girls in there and, though we tried to avoid eye contact, eventually made it our way and brought us a couple of drinks. Again, we cracked up. We ended up leaving just as everyone started coming - around midnight. We enjoyed a good 3-4 hours to ourselves basically, so we were able to dance and be silly and laugh until our jaws hurt! We got back to the hotel and chatted for a while longer before getting to sleep. I struggled for a while that night with terrible heart burn. Guess a full belly from dinner added to a couple drinks will do that! But it went away and I was fine. We went out to breakfast together the next morning and did some shopping before heading back to Michelle's house that afternoon.
Her husband, Ricardo, and little boy Alexander had joined her step-dad for a guys' night while we're out the night before. Sounds like they had a great time too. :-) Alexander is almost 2 and just adorable! Wish I had gotten video of his karate moves. Ricardo owns a karate studio and is an amazing karate guy, so naturally Alexander is gifted in that area too. He liked my camera a lot and took it for a little while to take some pictures of his own.
Think he still needs to work a bit on his skills. ;-) But, we had a fabulous time! It was good to be able to be a friend and a woman again, without having to be a mom too. Sometime we need that time away, so our kids miss us and we miss them. After the summer I had as a single-parent, I needed to be refreshed and refreshed I was. I hope that when we're all in our 80s, we're still doing this. Maybe not clubbing. Maybe hooking up with an annual knitting fair. I wouldn't even care. Just looking forward to celebrating years and years worth of Friendship Weekends! Can't wait until next year when we head up to Teresa's for more fun! I think the theme next year should be KARAOKE! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment