I told you that this year is a big deal for Noah, because he got his very own locker. He was so proud to show it off.
He's got a nice big classroom this year too. He sits in the back and is sitting next to a friend who has been in his class since kindergarten.
This was Noah's paper about himself. We had to fill out info on him on the 1st day of school and then they filled this out with that info. His name means "rest". Made me laugh, because he's anything but restful!
This was a list of Noah's daily schedule, so he showed it off to us.
Here is Noah with his teacher. :-) Totally forgot to take one of Madie with hers though! Realized it as soon as we left and got back to the car. Darn it! I'll try and remember next time I'm at the school though. She's young and the daughter of Madie's 2nd grade teacher. She's also a triplet, which the kids all think is super-cool. She and her 2 sisters are identical from what I hear. Pretty neat! Anyway, Noah's teacher seems really nice and thinks Noah is a very good student, though he's struggling with staying on task and not letting his mind wander. Such a surprise, right? ;-)
After our visit with Noah's teacher and seeing his classroom we headed upstairs. Yep! Madie's a big kid now! A fourth grader and upstairs on the 2nd floor. She showed us her locker too.
And, her desk. :-)
She has a really big classroom with lots of room in it. Our friends, the Mullinixes, were there at the same time so we visited for a while. Her teacher is there in the grey, so I guess I got a bit of a picture of her. :-) Madie's teacher told me that she has the highest number of AR points in the whole class! AR points are reading points and that means she's read books and taken tests, so she's off to a good start this year with her reading. Yay! Oh, and Noah became the first Super Reader in his class too, so I'm pretty proud of them!
Madie also showed us her mailbox. We cracked up that the shortest kid in the class has the highest mailbox! She could barely reach it, but guess she'll learn like her mom has to ask for help when she can't reach. It's a talent that comes in handy when you're in the grocery store! So, we had a lot of fun getting to see their classrooms and meet their teachers and we're hoping for another great year for the 2 of them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment