Sunday, February 6, 2011

Candy Buffet

Today we had another special event for Sunday School. I decided to do something with a Valentine's Day theme. Since V-Day is all about love, I wanted to talk to them about who loves them the most! God does! So, I read them some verses about how much God loves us then told them we were going to make something fun for people we care about to show them that God loves them too. :-)



Each child got 2-3 treat boxes to decorate.


They could color pictures on them or write on them. Whatever they wanted to do.


Then they came up to our table and got a bag and filled it with all different kinds of candy. I didn't get my camera out until we were almost done, so there doesn't look like there was a lot of candy, but there was! Trust me. I had 10 different bowls filled with candy from sweettart hearts to 3 different kinds of M&Ms and gummy bears. There were lots to choose from and most everyone just went through and filled their bags with a spoonful of each.




When they were done, they tied the bags off with a ribbon and attached a card that said "God love you and (name) does too"! It was so much fun and after they were done filling up their treat boxes, they got to have a handful of candy just for themselves. It was a lot of fun and thankfully, they weren't too sugared up for service afterwards. :-)

No comments: