I got a call from the nurse this morning to tell me that Noah waltzed into her office today and said, "I can take my OWN blood sugar now." and proceeded to show them that he could! :-) She was so proud of him and so was I! Here he is taking his sugars before supper tonight. He poked his finger..
...then put it on the strip. He got so upset with me tonight, because I did it to him after a couple of attempts at doing it himself didn't produce enough blood. Now that he can do it, he wants to do it all the time, by himself, with no help. He even is insisting that he get to give himself the insulin shots too. Pretty soon I won't be needed around here for anything! ;-) I told him tomorrow we'll start working on how to give shots properly on his belly and legs - the two easiest spots to reach. I told him he has to learn to do that properly, because if he doesn't keep the needle in the whole time or doesn't push the button down enough, he won't get the right amount. So, we're going to start working on that tomorrow. So proud of my amazing guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment