Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gettin' Ready



The packing and gathering has begun!! The one thing I dislike, or should I say hate, about vacations is the packing. I didn't really like packing when it was just me. Add in 3 kids and a husband and it gets a heck of a lot harder and time consuming!! We're leaving on Friday to visit my brother. We're leaving after work to stop at my parents' house, then leaving super-early on Saturday morning for Rochester, NY. Sunday, we'll travel the rest of the way to New Hampshire. We're all really, really excited about it! Haven't seen Micah and his family since last May and this will be our first time visiting them out there. Lots of fun to look forward too.


The kids are really excited to see some new states! We're stopping at Niagara Falls, so the kids and Pete can see it. I saw it in 7th grade when we were passing through. We'll be going to ME and hiking in NH. Just some really cool things to see and experience. So, with lots of great stuff to plan for, I've got lots of stuff to pack. The stuff there in the picture? That's like 1/8 of the things we're taking. I have clothes, shoes, pillows, sleeping bags, air mattresses, Wii stuff, snacks, and toiletries left to pack! I have a van to clean out. Errands to run. A cat to get prepared and a dog to get to the babysitters. I need a vacation for this vacation!! But, hey, it'll all be worth it once we're on the road and enjoying our time away. So the countdown is on. Just three more days until we're on the road. Oh, and did I mention - Noah has the chills and a fever. Yep! I know it's time for vacation when someone gets sick. Should be a good one!! ;-)

No comments: