Friday, June 13, 2014
HOME
At 5:40 (my time) my mom entered the gates of Heaven with a whole, unbroken, healed body and mind, and got to meet her Savior. During her final days, before she was unable to wake up, Em asked her if she was excited to go to Heaven. She nodded. She was ready. She feared the process of death. Who wouldn't. It wasn't always peaceful for her in those last weeks. But, she had no hesitation about her final destination. She knew she was going to Heaven. She knew that she was going to be in the place where there was no more suffering and pain. The picture above was the last picture we took as a family - the "original" family. It's just a couple months before she started to get sicker. I will cherish that memory. It was filled with laughter and joy.
I picture her running through Heaven. She wasn't able to run for 15 yrs. I picture her sitting and talking to Jesus. She wasn't able to talk for 3 yrs. I imagine the joyous reunions with her mom, dad, and brother, who have been long passed. I picture her getting to meet her grandson Lincoln. The only one of us that has had the opportunity to do that, since he passed away before he was born. What joy she must be experiencing. What unending, overwhelming JOY.
When Em called me this morning to tell me, I didn't cry at first. I knew it was coming. I knew it was only a matter of time. But, about 10 minutes into our conversation, my head stopped it's logical thinking and planning and my heart opened up and I realized where she was. I just blurted out in my coming tears, "She's in Heaven!" Like I just realized the significance of where she was right then as we spoke. HEAVEN. It still brings me to tears as I think about it. I cried when I told the kids. Livie cried along with me. This is the first death that any of them are old enough to have experienced. Madie was sad. Noah was sad too. Yet, both said, "She's all better now. She's in Heaven." Thank you, Lord Jesus, for gifting us with an eternal home with you, as your children.
Mom has been a good and faithful servant - though definitely sassy at times. She has always loved God. No matter what she's been faced with, her love for her Savior never wavered. And, today and forever she will rejoice in His presence. Hallelujah! Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment