Friday, June 6, 2014

More Last Day Fun

After I posted this morning, I came up with an epic idea!  Instead of just going to the ice cream shop, why not make this last day of school adventure one for the record books by having a Nerf Gun Battle Royale!  But, first, I want to tell you what a great morning Noah had!  He was one of only three students that completed a thing called "Study Island" at school.  Normally there is a big luau party for all the kids that finished it.  Madie has even done it in the past.  But, this year, there were only three kids that did, so the teacher decided to take them out for breakfast...in a LIMO!


 How cool would it be to be a 5th grader and get to leave school and ride a limo on top of that?!  He was SOOOOO excited!




The other two girls were from the 3rd grade class. :-)



Of course, within seconds of getting in there, he discovered how to hook up his Ipod....  




And, played it the 5 min drive to the diner.  He said he tried to convince the teachers to open the sun roof and let him stick his head out and scream, but I think they were much happier just letting him enjoy the Ipod. ;-)




They went to the local diner, that happens to be owned by Noah's very good friend Nick's family.



Check out that awesome limo!!  Noah said they were gone until 10, then he had to fight to not die a slow death of boredom the last hour and a half of school.  Good grief!

While they were at school, I decided shortly after I posted this morning to make this Nerf gun battle.  I quickly showered and got ready, then went to our local market for juice, water bottles, and lots of snacks.  I even asked if I could have a few boxes and they happily agreed to give me some.   I went home and started setting up the course.  I took the boxes and made "outposts".  I cut windows in them - some with flaps, others without - so they could hide behind them and shoot people.  When I was finished, I had an hour and a half before I had to pick them up, so I decided to run to Walmart (20 min away) and buy each of the kids I babysit, nerf guns for the battle.  I knew I didn't have a lot of time, but I hurried and picked up 4 guns, 2 dart grenades, and 150 rounds of ammo!  I did say it was going to be EPIC!  Oh, and I got another box there, so that I had a total of 2 team bases and 6 outposts when all was said and done.

I kept it a surprise until 2 hours after school got out.  I had all the curtains drawn and only let Noah and Madie, the team captains, in on the secret.





Noah, Trenton, and Weston were on one team.





Madie, Livie, Caleb, and Tobias were on the other team.  The battles were on!




You can kind of see all the outposts in this picture and how they used them.  You can only see the one base camp in the background.  The other one was right to the right of this picture.





They would hide underneath them or behind them and use them as shields.  It was hilarious to watch!  I'm sure all of our neighbors got quite a show.  We had several different rounds of battles, each with a new set of rules.  The whole thing lasted 2 hours!




Here's Dead Body Livie.  She took the darts and threw them around for affect.  She wanted me to add ketchup to her to look like blood, but I refused.  You'll have to use your imagination for that one. ;-)




They took Tobias out in this picture with a shot to the back as he was headed to base camp.





Dead Body Madie, their team captain.  It was a hard loss for the team.






We had a few rules at the beginning, that kept changing for each round, like I said.  It started off with each person having to refuel their "hearts" after they were shot 5 times.  They refueled or replenished their hearts by eating a snack or having something to drink to bring back their strength.  If they ate an apple, they recovered faster than if they had a cookie. ;-)  They were getting hot though, so we took breaks and that would bring the end to each round.  They ate and drank me out of nearly everything I had!  This was their refueling station.





Here Caleb and Madie are coming up with a strategy.   Madie was good about getting her team to figure out what plan they were going to use.  Noah just had his team attack with full force.  The planning was good, but the attack mode was the best, because they won every round!



You can see here how they would surround the opposing team members and attack.  It was so much fun!



Here's Madie at an outpost.  If they were at an outpost, they were safe, unless the opposing team threw a grenade at them.  Then they had up to 5 sec to evacuate.  By the last round, the grenade would detonate on impact.





Just another look at the battlefield. :-)





During the last round, if you were shot just once, you died and you had to lay there like a dead body and not get to replenish your hearts.  Caleb was the last on his team that was standing.  When they finally got him, he, with his final breath, tried to take out the other team with his grenade.  What a valiant warrior!




Our heroic challengers lived to fight on.  They had the best time and it was a great way to end this year of school. :-)

No comments: