Friday, June 6, 2014

Last Day Of School

Today is the last day of school this year and the kids are soooo ready to start the summer!  They have just a half day in front of them, which is different than in all the years past.  They usually would go into school for about 5 min to pick up their report cards, but state laws changed that - losers.  So, no annual donut shop visit for us today.  We'll head to the ice cream shop instead. :-)




After today I will have an 8th grader, a 6th grader, and a 3rd grader.  It's hard to even TYPE 8th grader.  How can my Madie possibly be that old?!  I'm still such a young pup myself, that I can't have a teenager.  I did asked yesterday if Em and I were twins.  She's only 33, so that means the girl must've thought I was in my early 30s, right?  Of course.





This is also my final day babysitting the neighbor boys.  Since I will be working full days next fall on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Madie will have to watch the kids until I get home from work.  So, I can't continue with the babysitting.  They will still continue to be great friends though and will join each other in our backyards every chance they get. :-)  So, here's to the last day - extended for a full week due to our awful winter!  Let summer begin!

No comments: