Here is the interview I did with Madie and Olivia about their room. Keep in mind that Livie is 2 and in speech therapy and doesn't actually say a lot of words yet. :-)
Me - Tell me about your room.
Madie - My room is speical to me, because I have lots of fun in it. I like that it's just really fun to play in and uh, I like the colors: pink, white, blue, and yellow. They're pretty.
Me - Olivia, do you like your room?
Livie - yes.
Me - Do you like to sleep in there?
Livie - uh, uh.
Me - What is your favorite toy?
Madie - I like my Barbies, because I like dressing them up in pretty clothes.
Olivia - two (then she made kitty noises and left the room) ;-)
Me - Do you like your closet, Madie?
Madie - Yeah, because my American Girl dolls are in there.
Me - What do you like about your American Girl dolls?
Madie - I like that they have lots of clothes to buy and I like shopping for the new things for them .
Me - Who would you like to have sleepover sometime?
Olivia - O-ah (Noah).... Madie. yeah, Daddy. Mommy.
Madie - Emma, because she's my friend.
Me - If you could have your favorite room and make it look however you want, what would it look like?
Madie - I would have High School Musical wallpaper and a purple closet and lots of jewelry. Uh, I would have my very own snack place. So, you could build it and it would have chairs and a table for putting our snacks on and eating and stuff.
Me - Any funny or weird dreams you want to talk about?
Madie - There was this guy who had a light saber that didn't work and this other guy he said, uh, he said that uh, that uh, it was broken. haha And, then the first guy said that was funny and uh, .... (this story continued for a while, but you get the idea). ;-)
Me - Anything either of you want to tell anyone that might read this?
Olivia - Eat.
Madie - I really like my room.
*By the way, thought I'd share that my dad is the one who made that dollhouse-shaped bookcase back when we first moved into this house. He copied it from my Pottery Barn Kids catalog. I was quite impressed and still am at how well he did making it. :-)
3 comments:
You're kidding right? Your father, my brother made that bookcase. Now way! He could never even handle a hammer and a nail, so how could he saw the wood, etc. It was a kit, right? He made it with a kit?
If he did that all by himself, I am not only impressed, I am amazed.
He made it back when he was working at the trailer factory. He used their machinery to cut the angled pieces and seriously build it from scratch. Amazing, I know! I gave him the picture of what I wanted and he did it. :-)
has livie learned how to say "jeff" yet?? i think you should do a full interview with livie and interpret her one word answers into long stories :) --jeff
Post a Comment