Today my sister arrived, along with all her wedding stuff, so we could work on some things before the big day. For those of you who don't know, she's getting married in October and she's trying to be the do-it-yourself type of bride, so many of the things are going to be handmade. With time quickly slipping through our fingers, she decided to come out for a couple of days, so we could work on some things. She brought out 250 matchbooks and 250 candles that we had to wrap individually with different kinds of scrapbooking paper and add a ribbony thing to each of them. I didn't know all this going into it. Thought it was just a quick, simple wrap job, so I told her we'd get that all finished in a couple of hours and head to the pool or something. Yeah, well, didn't quite make it to the pool. We spent 3 hours doing the matchbooks and she was actually short about 80 of them, so we still have more to do once she buys them. Then we worked on candles after supper for another 3 hours and still have over a hundred left! Oh my lawn! So much work!!! So, she's leaving the candles for me, so I can get them done and I'll bring them to her this weekend when we're back in IN. She still has invites, centerpieces, programs, flower girl baskets, aisle things, etc.... to make. She's got a LONG road ahead of her. I'm trying to help as much as I can, but being 3 hours away isn't always helpful. Especially with the busyness we have going on here. But, I'm sure in the next 3 months, it'll all find a way to get done. She's recruiting friends and family there in Goshen to help. And, even though today was a lot of work, we always have fun hanging out and laughing and giving each other a hard time like only sisters do (and eating a little chocolate too, of course!). So, to anyone coming to Em's wedding in the fall, you better REALLY enjoy your favors, because it took us an ETERNITY to get them done!!!! ;-)
2 comments:
We'll at least compliment you for your effort. I'm glad you're having fun (?) with Emily. Say, Hi.
I want to see a close-up pic of the finished product!
Post a Comment