Today was Noah's first day of t-ball. We go to the one directed by the Ottawa YMCA. Last year it was a little disorganized, but he didn't care. He wasn't that into it, so it didn't really matter. But, this year, he was really excited about it and they've made lots of improvements, both to the teaching aspect of it and the area where they play. Instead of having it run by high schoolers, they have an older guy who's the head coach and 3 teenage helpers. They will practice every Tues and have their games on Thurs. They have fenced in the whole area now, which is terrific! Last year Livie kept running away and since it's by the river, that's not a great thing to have happen. Plus, they've added this big playground area with sand tables and riding toys and everything. Livie and Madie had a great time playing there while Noah did his thing. And, when Noah was done, he was able to go and play on it for a few minutes as well.
There are about 30 kids - ages 4 and 5 - that he's playing with. His favorite part is batting, so as soon as he got to do that, he was happy as a clam. He didn't stop batting until they absolutely made him. He also really likes running the bases and they did that at the end. Catching is a little hard for him, but at least this year he was really putting in some effort to catch them. Last year he would've just stood there and picked grass. :-) And, he did catch one ball, so that was pretty good. He really tried reaching for the others and even stopped a couple of grounders. The most important thing is that he's having fun and definitely seems to be enjoying himself out there. At the end they got in a huddle and put their hands in the middle and yelled "White Sox Rule!". Now, we don't support that kind of talk here in Cub Country, but we let it slide. ;-) So, here's my future all-star in action!
2 comments:
I'm sure your daddy is happy about your son's proclivity to b-ball -- even if he cheers for the White Sox. I actually thought your father liked the White Sox better. Ask him to tell you about Sherm Loller.
Mom and dad might come out and see him play. :-) I was telling them tonight about his t-ball. They've never seen the blog, so I have to tell them about these things. Dad likes both the White Sox and the Cubs, but in this family of mine, we are strictly Cubs' fans. Dad said that since he's from Philly, he can root for both. Is that the correct spelling for "root"? Anyway, I am hoping he'll come out for one of his games. They're fun and I know dad would really like it and I think mom would too. Oh, and I know all about Sherm Loller. Dad was probably telling me about him when I was still in my mom's belly! ;-)
Post a Comment