Monday, January 18, 2010

China Trip Pics.... FINALLY!

It has been a month since Pete got back from his trip and I have yet to post pictures! I have seen them all, but hadn't had Pete sit down with me and tell me what each picture was about, so that's why I didn't blog about them. But, tomorrow, Pete goes in to show Madie's class some of the pictures he took and show them some of the things he brought back, so we sat down and actually weeded through the pictures and he told me what each one was. So, now, I'm finally posting about them! Yay! Now, granted, there are SOOO many pictures, that it's going to take me a few posts to get through them all. So, I'll probably do one post a day, every day this week, showing pictures of the places he went and things he saw. So, here are Great Wall pics he took in the area they went to near Beijing.












They walked quite a long way up this section. Can you imagine?!




This is Pete's name in Chinese. :-)





This is Pete on one of the overlook, watchtower things looking at the Great Wall in the distance.






Just amazing!


Look how steep that is!! Almost a straight ascent! Climbing the Great Wall isn't for the faint of heart.







This is the entrance to one of the emperor's tombs.


This is a little temple inside the Great Wall.



This shows the different kinds and level of bricks for the Great Wall.



This is the special gateway that the emperor would walk through. The beautiful colors are so vibrant in so many of the chinese artifacts.



Also a picture of the walkway leading up to the emperor's tomb.




A tiny little table and bench set.





See how tiny?! ;-)

Well, those are the first set of pictures I'm posting. I will post other pics in the days to come.

No comments: