Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pom-Pom Performance

Last night was the Ottawa game, where the girls performed the routine they learned last week at camp. Livie performed during half-time of the jv game and Madie performed during the varsity game. This is the first time she's performed during the varisty and she was able to actually sit in the stands and watch part of the game. She was VERY excited! She's always been in the younger groups and had to sit in the other gym practicing and then we'd leave when she was done. So she was pretty glad she had the opportunity to see part of the games and see the cheerleaders and mascot and all the fun stuff they have during varsity games.




Knowing how unenthused Livie was to practice last week, we were not holding on to much hope that she would perform last night. But, she said she was excited to show daddy her moves, so we got ready to see what she would do. She in the back row at the end there in the picture above. She made it through about 3 beats of the song, then burst into tears, hovering behind one of the head cheerleaders until it was finished. Though, I will say, she did the final split! She wasn't going to NOT show daddy at least one of her moves, even if she was crying the whole time. ;-)



I went and picked her up right afterwards, so she could sit and watch the game until after Madie performed at the next game. I tried taking a picture of her in her pom-pom shirt, but when I say "Look at me and smile", the above is what she apparently thinks that means. I cracked up!


There's Madie with the other girls performing that night. They sat in the stands and watched most of the game. Sorry the pictures are dark. It's hard to take a picture that far away with a flash. And, the ones I took without the flash were just really blurry. You can't see her, I'm sure, but she's 3 bleachers down from the top on the left.



Here's Madie getting lined up and ready to dance. She really got into it and just had a ball! You can check out part of her routine in the bottom video.



And, here are my two brillant performers, basking in the glow of their successes.





Madie's right next to the cheerleader in the front row.

No comments: