Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Latest on Haiti

This is an email I just received from my mom's cousin, Nancy...

"Amy (my aunt and uncle's daughter) just talked to her mom on Skype. David went in the house long enough to get bread and peanut butter so they could eat. Their biggest concern is water. They have none. Still no word on Jehu's boys. Their home is close to the hospital that was ruined and that area has been hit very hard. No one is going far and no one, including David and Bruce, are going into the homes until they can be sure they are safe. Amy or Karen will try and get in touch with Phyl later this afternoon, and when I get something else, I will get it to you. Students are still not accounted for and they are fearing the worst."

For those of you not familiar with Jehu's boys, they are a group of boys that my aunt works with. They are young street boys from ages 3 and up. I'm sure this is a great source of worry for them, because they work so closely with them and care about them. Please continue the prayers. They will be going through a lot in the coming days and weeks.

No comments: