Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Easter is Coming!

With Easter coming that first weekend of April, I figured it was about time to get out our Easter things and, of course, that means decorating easter eggs! We couldn't have picked a nicer day for it either. Today was our REAL first taste of spring. It was 62 degrees outside and it was sunny and everything! They called for rain, but didn't see any of it, so I was thrilled.



We had our friends, the Mullinixes, over to color eggs with us. The kids were very excited.


Here's Madie with her eggs in their dye cups. She made hers stay in there a while, so they would be extra bright. :-)



Livie LOVED coloring her easter eggs. She made a really cool one, because one of her dye pellets didn't dissolve properly, so it made a cool tie-dyed effect.




Noah's always happy about everything he does, as you can tell. He wrote "sock monkey" on a couple of his eggs with white crayon. Why am I not surprised?



Here's Patty, Andrew, and Michael with their eggs. Looks like they had a great time too! Afterwards, we went outside and enjoyed the spectacular day! I always force my kids outside that first day we have, because after 3 months of being cooped up inside, I want them to get some fresh air and enjoy the sunshine. They played outside until it was almost dark. Yes, they were muddy, but it was worth it! They needed to run off some of that winter energy!!! Anyway, had a fun afternoon and am ready for spring to makes it's full appearance. I'm ready for wide-open windows and green, green grass!! Oh, and if the bugs want to take a year off and just stay in Georgia or something, I'm all for that too.

2 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

Your children are so cute. I can't wait to see them up close and personal when we all head back to Runnemede. And, did I tell you? Philly diner is still a diner on one side, sports bar on the other. Same menu, etc. I'm thinking Saturday night, Sunday after church (right after church), and Monday morning breakfast? What do you think? Can we gain 10 pounds in three days? Can't wait!

Lori said...

I think we should try!! I'll lose 10 lbs now, just so I can gain it back then. ;-) I'm still sad Ponzios is closed, but hey, I'll take the diner anytime!