How could I have missed this?! This was taken on Livie's first day of school back in Sept. She's clearly trying to eat a piece of plastic broccoli with her father looking on with glee!! WITH. GLEE! It's been a while since I posted about broccoli. Hoping that by keeping it off my page, they wouldn't be as inclined to retaliate, but this is making a mockery of me and our movement. Like it's been lurking on my computer, waiting to pop up and destroy all I hold dear. Well, I won't take this lying down! It's bad enough that it's found a way to infiltrate a preschool to corrupt our children. Another thing entirely to lay in wait to find my children at home and entice them to do something that goes against all that we stand for! Once you bring it into my house, I cannot keep quiet or let it continue at will to destroy our innocent. The weed has been quiet for months and I had a feeling something sinister was in the works, but I didn't expect a home attack. Maybe this is why Livie has been increasingly anxious about getting her hands on broccoli. Somehow this picture was sending her visions and vibes through our computer, pushing her to do the unthinkable - ingesting an actual piece of this heinous thistle. She's come close a time or two at the grocery store. Trying to lean in by the produce section and grab a bite. Thankfully my keen senses were at work and I was able to thwart any of these attempts. I'm glad we're going to IN over the next few days. We need to have our BMBD systems manager come and do a sweep of the house. If they have left this kind of propaganda encoded on our computer, there's no telling where else they could have left their mark. I'm sure there are bugs and possibly even video surveillance hidden in our home. It's a scary time, but we will not be bullied or frightened away from our task. Headway has been made and there's no time for backtracking. The fight rages on and I for one will not allow my 4 yr old to succumb to the munitions of this disgusting vegetable. It's spring time and that means people are going to begin to plant more of the weed we are now fighting, which will add to their ever increasing numbers. Making our battle an even harder one. But, our numbers too have been growing and we will win. Oh. Have no doubt. We. Will. Win!
2 comments:
All I have to say is: "You go, Livie!" And Pete? "You keep enjoying the view when one of your children seems to enjoy broccoli."
One of these days it will catch up with the children and they'll realize that broccoli is really, really good (if cooked properly--therein is the rub).
I think Pete was infected by the broccoli, because I can't imagine him looking on and NOT ripping it out of her hands. I was quite disappointed in him and had to have a very serious discussion about how we are supposed to be raising our children.
Post a Comment