Here she is in front of Reddick. Aren't her boots fabulous?! Ridiculously expensive for a 9 yr old, but I couldn't resist. They're just too cute. Anyway, she went from 7pm-11pm last night and there were only 8 children there, so it was a really fun time for that small group.
They did a lot of activities centered around the year 1860. They took pictures of their time there, but I haven't gotten them back yet obviously. When I do, I'll post them and have Madie blog about it here.

She came home last night with a basket full of goodies from her night there. She got to go on a tour of the place, made a silhouette of herself with candlelight, made letters using a quill pen, watched a cooper made a barrel that they got to fill with water, dress up and do a play on Lincoln, as well as lots, lots more. The budding history buff that she is reveled in her time there. Such a fun adventure for her!
She came home last night with a basket full of goodies from her night there. She got to go on a tour of the place, made a silhouette of herself with candlelight, made letters using a quill pen, watched a cooper made a barrel that they got to fill with water, dress up and do a play on Lincoln, as well as lots, lots more. The budding history buff that she is reveled in her time there. Such a fun adventure for her!
3 comments:
Lori I am so jealous! I would have loved to do that at her age ... it would be fun even now. :) If she hasn't discovered the Childhood of Famous American's series I bet she would like that. I used to check them out 14 at a time when we had that furlough in DuBois and of course I loved them so much I would blow through them and be back for more before they were due. I see they are still being published - at least they are available on amazon.com.
Very cool!!! And those boots make Madie look so tall ... especially since Noah isn't standing beside her. ;)
Karen - I would've LOVED it too! Heck, I was hoping it was a parent/child night, so I could go!
Suzy - haha Yeah, putting her alone in a picture makes her suddenly seem tall. Put her by anyone else within 2 yrs of her and realize that not even boots can help her!
Post a Comment