The best part about the last day is spending some time in the morning giving hugs to their teachers and friends and getting all that excitement going about what's coming with summer break. Noah's best friend for the past 3 years of school has been his friend Keeden. His grandma is a teacher at the school, so he always gets to come out and play with Noah. They are so hilarious together, so they took advantage of spending some time together before heading off to break. I'm sure they'll have several playdates this summer before they start up 3rd grade in the fall.
Our other buddies are Michael and Andrew. Look at those happy faces!

Can you tell they're excited that school's out?! ;-)

Figured we needed to start our summer break off right, so we invited Michael and Andrew (and his mom and baby brother Jonathan) to join us for donuts at the local deli. Decision, decisions....

Usually this table is filled with all the old guys drinking their coffee, but they must've pushed out early this morning to make room for the "end-of-school" kids who were ready for their donuts! Keeden actually was there too, with his grandma. It was fun to see him again so quickly after we took off. They picked the best day for school to end too. The weather couldn't be more beautiful! We went straight from the deli to church to get some work done. Walked downtown and did a little window shopping, then came home to ride some bikes. Well, I didn't ride a bike, because I don't have one yet, but Madie is still practicing riding hers, so I worked with her some more to get the hang of it. She's very timid about doing it, but I know if she just gives it her all, she'll think it's a piece of cake like her brother and sister do. :-) Happy Summer, everyone!
Can you tell they're excited that school's out?! ;-)
Figured we needed to start our summer break off right, so we invited Michael and Andrew (and his mom and baby brother Jonathan) to join us for donuts at the local deli. Decision, decisions....
Usually this table is filled with all the old guys drinking their coffee, but they must've pushed out early this morning to make room for the "end-of-school" kids who were ready for their donuts! Keeden actually was there too, with his grandma. It was fun to see him again so quickly after we took off. They picked the best day for school to end too. The weather couldn't be more beautiful! We went straight from the deli to church to get some work done. Walked downtown and did a little window shopping, then came home to ride some bikes. Well, I didn't ride a bike, because I don't have one yet, but Madie is still practicing riding hers, so I worked with her some more to get the hang of it. She's very timid about doing it, but I know if she just gives it her all, she'll think it's a piece of cake like her brother and sister do. :-) Happy Summer, everyone!
1 comment:
I love this kid of yours! You have done a great job! It is such a task to count your carbs, think about protein, numbers to high or low, etc. etc...but he is taking it so well! It is sad to think about him having to deal with it his whole life, where I at least got thru some of mine without. Great story!
Post a Comment