You probably can't tell from the picture, but it is a narrow space, so one plank of wood was just a little too small to fit there, so we had to cut all the pieces and the door jam was in the way, so Pete had to manually saw off a half inch of it to make room for the flooring. Long story short, finishing the foyer and the basement area, which equally about 7 rows of boards each took all stinkin' day! Ugh. Pete's exhausted. I'm tired. But, it's looking really good and for that, I'm thrilled!
We still have to finish the last part in front of the front door and then the coat closet and the last beam in front of that and our bedroom before we can start doing the trim work, but I'm hoping to get most of that knocked out tomorrow. Pete's doing all the cutting so I'm not a huge help to him right now, unfortunately. You see from the picture above that there is still that ugly lino. That's because despite the past 2 days of working and at least another one ahead, we still have the entire kitchen/dining left to do!!!!! AHHHHH!!! At least there I might be able to help more, since we'll have much longer stretches of board without having to measure and cut them all. So, there you have it. Day two in the floor redo. More tomorrow on our last day of Spring Break. Onward we push!
No comments:
Post a Comment