Sunday, April 1, 2012

Getting Ready for Easter

Today was a busy day! But, in that busyness, we found time to remember the triumphant entrance of Jesus this Palm Sunday. Our pastor had emailed me to see if the kids (aka Sunday School kids) would like to pass out the palm branches. I said, "Of course!!!" and boy, were they excited!


Madie, Livie, and their friend Jenna sat behind the wall by the back door. They said they were "hidden bushes". They liked to jump out and surprise the unsuspecting parishoners. Eventually they gathered in the back and make palm branch tunnels for them to walk under. Definitely was an interesting journey into our sanctuary this morning!!





Noah and his friends Grant and Tobias greeted those in the front of the church. With Pete there, things were a little less chaotic. He helped them take turns. When I was in charge of this crew, they were stopping people on the steps coming in and shoving palm branches in their faces. ;-) Pete was much better at it than I was!





When we got home, we had a lot of stuff to get done, but I wanted to fit in a little bit more Easter celebrating. This time, on a more secular level. We colored easter eggs (finally!). I boiled the eggs, oh, 4 days ago and just got around to having them color them. They were excited to finally be able to do it!






They now have 3 baskets ready for the Easter Bunny's arrival next Sunday.

No comments: