We've practically been ignoring the kids since we got home from IN, because of the work we've been doing, so I decided to make up something kind of special for them after dinner, so they could have something really fun to do instead of just hanging around all day again. I made them this giant blanket fort! It basically took up the entire living room and they absolutely loved it! Heck, even Tater, who also has been neglected, got into it and had fun. Olive checked it out briefly, but was too annoyed by the crazy kids crawling all around in there to stay for long. It seemed to make up for the lack of attention since Friday. :-)
Here are the updated pictures. The closet door is back on and all the boards are in place. We even picked up the mess a little. Pete laid the trim piece by our bedroom door, but still has the trim to do all around the walls and stuff. That's another full day or a few evenings of work for him before we even start the kitchen. Figure we'll try and start that next weekend. We have guests coming to stay with us from the Salvation Army Band in a couple weeks. I'm just hoping we have it done (or really close to having it done) by then.
I think it's looking really good though, don't you?! Tater is interested in it, but it's very slippery for him. He doesn't like to run through it yet. Pete thinks that's a good thing. :-)

I made Pete give me a thumbs up to show that he's happy at all that he's accomplished. I sensed a little sarcasm in there too. I'm sure he had another finger on his hand he wanted to show me instead. ;-) But, seriously, he's done such a great job! He's had to manually saw through the basement door frame and our bedroom door frame, not to mention the closet frame. All just to get those boards to fit. He's so handy and talented at this kind of thing. Way to go, Honey!!!
I made Pete give me a thumbs up to show that he's happy at all that he's accomplished. I sensed a little sarcasm in there too. I'm sure he had another finger on his hand he wanted to show me instead. ;-) But, seriously, he's done such a great job! He's had to manually saw through the basement door frame and our bedroom door frame, not to mention the closet frame. All just to get those boards to fit. He's so handy and talented at this kind of thing. Way to go, Honey!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment