Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, everyone! We had a very busy day and I'm just now getting a chance to post about it. Of course, it started off with the kids finding their baskets full from the Easter Bunny. They were thrilled with everything they got and spent the afternoon watching the movie "Tin Tin", one of their favorites.



Gotta say, the Easter Bunny really knows how to spoil those kids rotten, doesn't he? ;-) Now that Noah's diabetic, he seems to stay away from giving them lots of candy and now just gets them a couple presents instead.





When I was a kid, my dad always bought me, my mom, and my sister a corsage to wear. My mom always made sure we had a new outfit, usually one she made us, and I would sometimes even get to wear a hat and her shawl. It was wonderful! I have such great Easter Sunday memories and some of those traditions I'm trying to pass on to my kids. The new outfits is one of them. I can't make them myself, but I always try to pick out something really cute for them to wear to make that day seem a little more special. :-)





A couple years ago our church decided to start having an Easter Breakfast and it's always fabulous! Today was no exception. They went out of their way to make lots of delicious food and the kids enjoyed being with their friends this morning while they ate.





The kids were all in both the bell choir and the children's choir. They LOVE the bell choir and work really hard to know their stuff. See how happy they are?!






They really concentrate when it's time to perform.






Apparentely, while I was in the bathroom, Livie took a picture of herself during the service. Pete said he saw a flash and looked over to see Livie taking pictures. She loves that camera!





After a great service, the kids all went downstairs and got ready for the Easter Egg Hunt. They made their own bags this year during Sunday School, so they were ready to go!






Noah, every year, looks for the one golden egg. He doesn't collect any other eggs, though there are TONS of them! He just wants that one special egg. Sadly, he once again didn't find it. At least he had fun looking.






Madie was on the hunt for any she could find. She found several and had quite a lot of goodies when she was finished.





Livie walked away with the most. She filled her bag almost to the top!





Livie's friend Christina found one of the 2 golden eggs! She was so excited!






He searched high and low for that egg!






Madie was going through her eggs to see what goodies she had. :-)






We ask the kids to dump out their candy in their bags and give back the eggs, so we can reuse them each year. It's fun for them to all gather around the big egg bin and see what they had. Livie shouted out, "I got MONEY!" in her biggest Yeti voice. It was hilarious!






Of course, we had to take the Easter Family Photo. That is one of the requirements of our Easter morning. I rarely get a family picture and thankfully we have friends who we trade off cameras with and all get family photos of each other. I think this year we had another good one!





Another beautiful Easter morning with my three amazing, wonderful kids. I am so blessed. I leave this post with an entry I posted on Facebook yesterday. Today was so busy that I honestly had little time to find time to center on the meaning of the day, but yesterday I did and I took that opportunity to reflect on why Easter morning is so significant. As fun as it is to have the Easter Bunny visit or participate in Easter Egg Hunts, the day is about sacrifice and resurrection. This is what I posted:


"Watched a show last night on the Shroud of Turin. They tried to replicate what Jesus would look like from the image on the cloth. The man behind the computer image got emotional when talked about what Jesus would've looked like after the crucifixion. He was so battered and beaten. He looked like he had been in a horrific car accident. Then you remember, it was worse than that. Much worse. And, each time he was hit with that whip or had the nails driven into his flesh, he was thinking of us. He wanted to be that one sacrifice, so that we wouldn't have to be the ones battered and beaten. So I'm trying, as I work with Pete on the wood floors, to center myself on what tomorrow is all about. That despite the pain and suffering, he went through it all and fulfilled his Father's promise, so that I may believe in him and have eternal life."



Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into the living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 1 Pet 1:3

No comments: