Saturday, May 5, 2012

End-of-the-Year Books

Another one of the reasons I have been putting off blogging is because I've been working on completing the End-of-the-Year books for all of my students.  If you're counting, that's 25 books. 



I decided to do them all in primary colors, based off one of their projects.  We did a lesson on their ABCs and with that we did a marble painting of their initial in red, blue, and yellow.  It turned out so well, I decided to make that their cover page and went from there.



You can see from this picture that I cut out their letters, added a small page with their signature on it for the cover.  I have a page all about them, some photo pages, a self-portrait (that I'll add when they do it on Tuesday), and their handprints.  I have nearly all of the 3s done, just have about 3 left.  I have all 14 of my 2s left to do.  Theirs will be a smaller version of this though.  Only a cover page, a couple photo pages, their handprints, and a letter with a picture of us -their teachers.  It's been a lot of fun and I'm really looking forward to giving it to them.  But, it's taken up a lot of time.  Making sure I have enough photos of all of them, getting their artwork completed and laminated, etc...  But, I think it will make a great souvenir of their year with us. :-)

1 comment:

Suzy said...

What a cute, thoughtful idea!!!! The parents will LOVE these!