Friday, May 25, 2012

Last Day Fun

Today was our last full day of school.  They go back on Tuesday just long enough to get their report cards.  Noah was lucky enough to get to do a walking field trip to the local city hall for his last afternoon in class!  Because they were having lunch, they said I could come and give him his insulin.  I stayed the whole time and it was a lot of fun!



We walked a few blocks down the canal trail, which I had never done before.  It was pretty cool.  We got to walk behind a bunch of houses, like I used to do when I was a kid.  My friends and I would always find hidden and out-of-the-way alleys to explore in Royal Center, so this was kind of reminiscent of that.  We even got to cross that really cool, old bridge in the background.  Noah left with his friends, so I walked and chatted with a little girl in his class, who recently did the St. Baldricks thing, like my nephew Trevor did.  She was such a sweet girl and fun to talk to. :-)




Across from our tiny little City Hall is a tiny, little park and that's where we had lunch.  Because I came right at noon when they were leaving, I was able to cook up some chicken fries to bring.  Let's just say that was met with lots of joy - and not just from Noah.  Sufficed to say, we did a little lunch sharing today. :-)





While we were waiting for the other classes to go through, the kids got to play.  Here's Noah getting ready to kick the kickball.  This is one of his favorite things to do during recess, so he tells me.  It was fun watching him play!



Then we got to go into the City Hall.  Like I said, it's little.  I've only been here a few times when we were fighting with the counsel to redo our road.  Not a lot of good memories here, but the kids had been learning about local government, so they really enjoyed it.



Their favorite part was visiting the ajoining police station.  They liked seeing the handcuffs and stuff.  I told Noah the only time he's ever allowed to see the police station is on field trips.  He should never find himself there under any other circumstances!! ;-)  It was a great way to end the year and I'm really glad I got to spend it with him.  On the way back, he walked the entire way with me, without leaving me behind for his friends.  That was really nice.  Glad he still likes having me around sometimes. :-)

No comments: