Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. Thirteen years ago, we moved from seeing each other every other weekend and making numerous phone calls in between those visits, to being together for the rest of our lives and I haven't regretted a day of it. I remember being excited that morning, but as the moment got closer, I got so stinkin' nervous! I knew I wanted to spend my life with him, but, like I said, we had never spent more than a week at most together at one time for 5 yrs. Now we were going to live together, move away to New York and leave our old lives behind. Yep. That kind of thing brings on the nerves! But, once I was up there at the altar with him, all I could do was smile. We had made it! We made it through 5 1/2 long years of separation. We made it through my battle with depression. We finally were standing in front of our friends and family and God to announce that we were ready to begin our lives together for better or for worse, 'til death. It's been a journey so far. But, I have the best helpmate, the best dad, the best caregiver anyone could ask for. Does he drive me crazy sometimes? Of course. I know for a fact I drive HIM crazy! But, we love each other through it all and I have never doubted his love for me... ever. It's been a wonderful marriage and, to me, that was way more important than the wedding itself.
Here is a picture of us just a few short months after we were married. This was late '99 and we had been living in NY for a little while. Dad had come out to visit or something and we took him to the Baseball Hall of Fame. We look so young here. I didn't have all the grey hairs I have now or the three-kids-later body. We were just starting out.
And, here is a picture of us now. My beautiful family. This is the joy that comes from 13 yrs of being married to one of the best. I couldn't be happier and I am so thankful that God brought us together on that hot day in May back in the spring of 1999. Love you, Pete!


No comments:
Post a Comment