This weekend I really wanted to have some special time with our kids. I decided to use my last paycheck of the year to take the girls out and do something fun with Noah, as well as spend time together as a family. Almost like a celebration that school is out for the summer. :-)
On Saturday afternoon, I took the girls out to a cute little place in town called C230. It's a tapas restaurant, so a little fancier than what they are usually used to. They loved it! Sadly, Madie started feeling sick shortly after she started eating. I think the heat got to her. They insisted we sit outside and with it being nearly 90, it just got to be too much for them. So, she ended up going home after our lunch and didn't get to continue our adventure. She'll get to go next week and do that instead.
Our afternoon of all getting girl pedis together, turned into just a me and Livie time, but boy did we enjoy it! I haven't had a pedi in YEARS and the only one I ever had wasn't all that great. This one was heaven! Livie got her first pedi too and, as you can tell from her face, loved it just as much as I did.
Now, our plans that evening was to watch "Capt America", since the kids are so in love with "The Avengers", but our power went out just as the kids had gotten settled with their popcorn and the DVD was in the player.
*Note - the power has gone out 3 times since Sat morning. We'll see if the trend continues today!*
So, with no movie to watch, we had a very sad family... except for Livie who still was eating the popcorn. ;-) To make the end of our night a fun one anyway, we went on a bike ride, then came home and decided to play with some fireworks!
That was a great way to end our day 'o fun! On Sunday, we did some shopping and ended up watching "Capt America" (after the power came back on... again!). They loved it! Tonight we're hoping to watch Thor. We're backtracking our way through the Avengers.
The thing we bought yesterday was a new set of golf clubs for Noah. That was to be HIS special present. The girls got lunch and a pedi and Noah got clubs and left this morning to go golfing with his dad. I can't tell you how excited he was. Just hoping it ends up being a great day for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment