First thing to report? I am currently sporting a 3-eyebrow look. After a little waxing mishap at the salon last Friday, I have not two, but three beautifully shaped eyebrows. How does this happen you ask? Well, it's called being a little too expressive when talking to my stylist and getting wax all over my eyebrow. Try as she might, she was unable to get all the wax off and thus I lost a big chunk in the middle of my left eyebrow. I just tell people I'm channeling my inner '90s rapper with the slash through my eyebrow. They can call me Vanilla Ice or shout "Hammertime" when they see me, I totally understand why. Gotta say, it's been quite the conversation piece and has brought lots of laughter to those around me. I think everyone should try out the 3-eyebrow look. It's actually a lot of fun!
Last Saturday I headed up to the Chicago area and had a short visit with my bestie who was in town to see her husband compete in another karate tournament. Hopefully he'll have lots more up there, because it's a quick, easy 1 hour trip up and we get to not only see each other, but shop too! Can't beat that! We headed over to Ikea this time, so I could buy my girls a much needed dresser. Now I have lots more room to buy my girls clothes! Hear that, Caroline? ;-)
Noah was a little disappointed that I didn't get him anything, until he realized that he got to build it. Well, that's all the present he needed and he got right to work! His interest tapered off once Indiana Jones came on, but he did a lot of the work himself and did a great job!
On Tuesday night, Madie had a band concert. It was a lot of fun! Noah and his best friend Nicky sat by me on the bleachers.
While Pete and Livie sat above us at the very top of the bleachers. For all future concerts, find a way to sit on the floor on the chairs. Those bleachers were the most uncomfortable things ever!
Since Madie is in Beginning Band, she and her bandmates opened the concert. The 6th, 7th, and 8th grade bands and choirs finished up the concert. She did a really great job!! Even had a flute ensemble solo during one. Way to go, Madie!!
She got to sit on the floor for the rest of the concert with her friends. She loved it and everyone there that night did a great, great job!
As we're winding down towards the end of school, I getting busier as I try and finish up all my own school things with my students. Since this is my only year teaching 3s, because of cut-backs next year, I'm trying to soak in every moment. Last week I was busy getting prepared and having Parent/Teacher conferences (one of the reasons I didn't get around to blogging) and as a way to say goodbye to that busy work, we were able to take the kids on a field trip to the firestation. The kids were very excited, especially since we could just all walk down there. It was a fun day off to enjoy together. So, that's our last two weeks in a nutshell - concert, field trip, 3 eyebrows. Good times. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment