Three weeks ago we finished our kitchen floors. Why then, do you ask, did it take so long for me to post pictures? Well, between kids' messes and my end-of-year projects being scattered around the room, I didn't want to take pictures until it was kind of clean. Plus, I was hoping I'd have our new buffet by now. But realizing that I have no idea when or if we'll get the buffet and also knowing that the chances of the kitchen EVER being fully clean were remote, I figured I'd better take pictures now, rather than wait any longer. So, here you go!
Our beautiful new floors! Pete worked soooooo hard on them, but gotta say this area went a lot smoother than the foyer. Much less to cut around and we were able to do long stretches. When we had the Chicago Staff Band guys here in April, we really wanted the whole thing done and we nearly made it, but we had a section by the pantry and the pantry to do. Then cutting the moldings around the whole thing took another week, because honestly there just wasn't a lot of time to work on it during the week.
But, I'm glad to say it's done and has been done for a few weeks now and I'm so proud of the end result! Of course, this has given me more "ideas" of projects I'd like to do, but I think we're going to wait a while before we tackle anything else that will leave our house in disarry for weeks! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment