Today was Madie's last day of Dinosaur Camp. We've had that every morning this week, but today was her field trip to the Rockford Museum. She was very excited! I couldn't go, because Pete was busy with meetings all day and couldn't watch Livie for me. I knew Livie wouldn't do well on the 2-hr bus ride there and back, especially with her skipping her nap and stuff. So, the kids and I stayed home while Madie went. She said that she got to see a Mammoth skeleton as soon as she walked in. And, then on her tour, she saw a T-Rex skeleton and a flying dinosaur hanging from the ceiling. She thought it was the coolest thing ever. She said they were gigantic!! After the tour, they went downstairs and had a workshop with Homer the Triceratops (I hope I'm spelling all these dinosaur names correctly!). They got to make a book about dinosaurs and she traced the claws of a few different breeds of raptors. The megaraptor's claw was as long as her arm. It was unbelievable! So cool. :-) The kids were all out at the table looking at her book and every time Livie saw a dinosaurs drawing, she would start growling. It was so funny! Noah wanted to go so badly this year, but all the camps that they offer at the college start at age 6. So, he's counting down the days until he's old enough to go. He's going to be counting for a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment