Just wanted to add this picture I took on our way home today from Indy. Livie had a great time, but as you can, she was pretty tuckered out by the time we left. :-) All that running around wears a person out!
Having raised my children I love reading the BLOGs of today's moms and wonder how I did it. I don't think anything has change in the last 30 years. I especially wonder how my own mother did it with her four, two of which were boys who needed discipline often. I don't recall my mom being harried, or rushed, or out of breath, or anything of that sort. She just seemed to ease through it. Wouldn't it be nice to be remembered that way? Wish I were.
I don't know how women of your generation, let alone grandma's generation handled being a mom without some form of outlet. Today there are so many ways that we can reach out to other moms when we're stressed and overwhelmed. I'm so impressed that grandma, who had 4 very young children, was able to handle the role of being a mom and pastor's wife with such ease. It really speaks to her character. I wish I had been blessed with her patience. I think things are a bit harder now and that we bring that on ourselves by getting our children involved in a lot and ourselves in a lot as well. If I cut half the "extra" things out of my life, it would be a million times easier, but I think I thrive on a bit of chaos. :-) I just hope, like you said, that in the end, the kids rememeber me as a mom that was there for them, that loved them, and tried to do all I could for them. I know I've already failed the "harried and rushed" part, but maybe the other ones will stick. :-)
2 comments:
Having raised my children I love reading the BLOGs of today's moms and wonder how I did it. I don't think anything has change in the last 30 years. I especially wonder how my own mother did it with her four, two of which were boys who needed discipline often. I don't recall my mom being harried, or rushed, or out of breath, or anything of that sort. She just seemed to ease through it. Wouldn't it be nice to be remembered that way? Wish I were.
I don't know how women of your generation, let alone grandma's generation handled being a mom without some form of outlet. Today there are so many ways that we can reach out to other moms when we're stressed and overwhelmed. I'm so impressed that grandma, who had 4 very young children, was able to handle the role of being a mom and pastor's wife with such ease. It really speaks to her character. I wish I had been blessed with her patience. I think things are a bit harder now and that we bring that on ourselves by getting our children involved in a lot and ourselves in a lot as well. If I cut half the "extra" things out of my life, it would be a million times easier, but I think I thrive on a bit of chaos. :-) I just hope, like you said, that in the end, the kids rememeber me as a mom that was there for them, that loved them, and tried to do all I could for them. I know I've already failed the "harried and rushed" part, but maybe the other ones will stick. :-)
Post a Comment