Sunday, June 22, 2008

People, let me tell ya 'bout my BEST friends







We just got back from a great trip to see my best friends down in Indy. If any of you don't know, Michelle, Teresa, and I have been friends since elementary school. But, we became best friends during high school. We've been able to watch each other grow up, get married, and have kids. In fact, Michelle is now pregnant with their first. It's a really exciting time!! Anyway, after a crazy week of dinosaur camp and VBS, I needed a break like nothing else in the world and I totally got it! We left early on Sat morning, so we spend as much time down there as we could. With the time change, it's like a 5 hr drive. But, we got there by 2, just a few minutes before Teresa and Chad. Michelle had the place ready to go and it was just fantastic. The kids played in the backyard together, while all of us adults got to hang out on the patio, under the gazebo, and relax. The weather was beautiful and we pretty much were out there until we left. We brought our Wii, so Pete and the kids showed Chad (Teresa's husband) and Ricardo (Michelle's husband) how to play. Other than taking a break to grill out for dinner, they all played most of the rest of the afternoon. Chad and Teresa left around 7, because the kids were getting tired. We stayed for another hour and a half or so and played Wii. Ricardo is pretty competitive, as am I, so we played some tennis and boxing. I basically suck, but talk a lot of smack when I'm playing to try and intimidate the other player. Doesn't really work, but it's fun!! Ricardo - who has never played until that day - totally kicked my butt. We've owned this thing since the first week of May and I was beat by a beginner! My ego took a beating, but we laughed and had a great time! The hotel we stayed at was so nice too. One of the biggest and nicest we've stayed in. The kids loved it and insisted I take pictures of them. It had a king bed and a pull-out sofa, so we all had places to sleep and it also had a mini-kitchen area as well, so that was really nice. We know we'll definitely stay there next time we go down, because it's literally right around the corner from Michelle and Ricardo and was such a nice place. We went out for breakfast this morning with them and headed out around 1. Nothing like a weekend with best friends to really rejuvenate the soul. I needed this weekend more than anything and it came at just the perfect time. I truly believe that God works things out like this for a reason. We were supposed to do it next weekend, but some things had to be moved around and it just ended up at the perfect time. Though I struggled with an upset stomach and stuff, it didn't stop me from having a terrific time!


**The pictures above are of Noah and Ricardo playing Wii Boxing. That's Ricardo's sister ChaChi on the couch beside him. Michelle's sister was there too, but she didn't stay long, so I didn't get a picture of her, but it was really nice to see Melanie too! Then there's a picture of (L-R) Teresa, Livie, me, and Michelle. Then it's Chad and Teresa and their kids Macy and Ben. They were getting ready to leave and had just gotten Macy up from a nap. She was pretty sleepy still, but the kids all had fun playing together earlier that afternoon. :-) Then it's Michelle and Ricardo and their little boy in her tummy there. :-) And, last are the pictures I took at the hotel. You can see the kids really liked it there! Thanks to my friends and their families for making this weekend such a fun, refreshing one! I had a great, GREAT time!!!!!!!!

No comments: