Friday, June 20, 2008

Swim Lessons

Today was Madie and Noah's first day of swim lessons. It went sooo well!! They have both always been very timid about swimming. They always use floaties and always hang on either us or the wall. But, today, they really let loose. We signed them up for private swim lessons, which is pretty costly, but I think it'll be worth it. We were told of a woman who used to be a school teacher who, now that she's retired, is teaching swim lessons in her backyard pool. She has 5 high school/college-aged kids that help, so that each child is given one-on-one help and that's definitely what my kids needed. Noah stuck his whole head under the water and Madie put her face in today and neither one of them have ever done that, so I have high hopes that by the end of the summer, we'll have 2 swimmers on our hands. They paddled their arms and tried to float on their back. It's all elementary stuff, but for them it's a big deal. Noah just loved the guy he was partnered with and didn't want to leave. He says that he's his new friend and is really hoping to be paired with him next time. Madie was partnered with Mrs. Palmer herself and I'm really glad, because Madie needs someone that's patient, because she is really so scared of the water. Anyway, I thought I'd post a picture of my very accomplished, first-day swimmers. :-) They were so proud of themselves and, according to Noah, are ready to go jump in the deep end!

1 comment:

The Schutz Family said...

Way to go! We are proud of you! We can't wait to go to the pool and swim with you!