Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New TV!



We are officially owners of a new 50" plasma tv! As you can see from the picture, I do believe Pete has fallen in love. When we first got our economic stimulus check, Pete came to me and said, "I think we should buy a new 42" tv with our money." I said, "yeah, that sounds good". His face lit up and I swear his smile was bigger in that moment, than the moment I said I would marry him. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen. He was nearly overcome with excitement. Well, as you can see, he originally wanted a 42". I told him that was fine, but I wanted to get the tv stand of my choice as well as a matching coffee table and perhaps end tables and stuff as well. He was fine with that. So, I went searching for the perfect furniture to complement our soon-to-be 42" tv. Well, after a couple of weeks, he told me he really wanted a 47". I don't know if any of you have shopped for a tv stand that holds 47" tvs, but they are impossible to find at a low cost. BUT, being the ever loving wife (no, seriously, I am!) ;-) I decided to change my plans and get a bigger sized stand. Last night we went out to buy all the furniture I picked out and tv and stuff and he went into the tv store to see what they had and when he came out, he had a price list of tvs. But, as I'm looking at it with him, I'm noticing the prices are for 50"!!! Good grief! So, we agreed to get that size instead. I swear if we had stayed any longer or if he had been given another week to mull over this tv idea, I would've ended up with some giant $40,000 80" tv or something! He's a nut! But, we got it all set up and actually it's not as obnoxious as I thought it was going to be. Yeah, it's big, but it fits in the room well. I'm hoping to finish off the room by getting some bookshelves to put all my books and knick-knacks in, but that will come later this week probably. The first thing we did when we got home last night was get the kids in bed and I started working on the tv stand. Pete got the tv out, hooked it up, and within minutes was playing MarioKart. By the time we finished putting everything together it was midnight, but we stayed up until 1am playing MarioKart. We have a problem, I know. So, next time any of you head this way, I'm sure he'll introduce you to the newest member of our family - Panasonic. Catchy name, isn't it? ;-)

3 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

What is it with men and their power tools and TVs and computers. They have to have the biggest and best, no matter what. We women would be happy with a 26 inch TV, non-plasma, anything to keep the children occupied.

When we had our library built, Alan designed the cabinet so it would hold an 80 inch TV. We have a 50 incher at this point. The old 42 inch TV is atop his armoire in the bedroom. But he did have to get a plasma high-def TV, no matter what the cost. I'm thinking a two-week cruise to Italy and he's thinking big TV.

What would be your choice? Being pampered for two weeks and enjoying Italy in between the bouts of pampering or a large-screen TV. I'd choose the cruise!

The Schutz Family said...

Big TV's ROCK! Let's face it...we all LOVE to watch TV! It makes life more enjoyable for everyone! WAY TO GO! Money well spent!

ps- I can't wait to play Wii!!!!

Suzy said...

Ooohh, wait till Ted sees this. He's been dropping the hints for a couple of years ... the latest one was last night when I told him my bonus check was arriving on Thursday. :)