Thursday, June 26, 2008

Garage Sales




I remember as a kid my mom doing a yearly garage sale. Now, I didn't participate much in that process. I ran a lemonade stand for a few of the years she had it, but even that part I don't remember much of. I just remember her cleaning the house and grabbing anything we hadn't used in a while to stick outside on a few tables. Well, if I had known then the work she put into getting a sale ready back then, I may have been more willing to help her out. I'm having a garage sale tomorrow and Saturday and have been getting ready for it all day. A few weeks ago, I priced everything and finished up the last of it yesterday. Pete went with a friend and brought 10 long church tables to the house and I have been working all morning on bringing things up from the basement and getting it set out. Now, this is not all my stuff - half of it is Pete's sister Jill's stuff. So, all together we have a good 40! bins worth of clothes, toys, misc... to put out there. That's not to mention the remaining loose pieces scattered about. You can see at the top what I've set out on the tables (and I only got about half the tables in that picture) and what I still have left in the basement to bring up. I have unloaded about half of the stuff onto the tables now and they are all nearly full. Not sure where the rest is going to go. When you're a stay-at-home mom, you live for small moments like this where you actually earn your "OWN" money and can feel guilt-free about what you spend it on. But, boy is it a lot of work for just a few bucks! I can say that even though it's a lot of work setting up, I will throughly enjoy spending the next two days hanging out with my sis-in-law laughing and chatting. That's something to look forward to for sure! But, I can say that this may be my last sale for a long, long time. I think from now on, I will find a place to donate this stuff to and just keep my sanity instead. :-)

1 comment:

Suzy said...

I wish we would have had time to drive by your house on our way to Chicago last Friday!!!! I could have used a lot of the stuff I'm seeing in these pics!!!