When Jill and Adam were here, they helped us move our old entertainment center to the basement. It was NOT an easy job to manuvuer that giant, awkward thing down the basement steps. But, it's down there and in it's spot. That cleared up the whole wall for me to put up my bookshelves. I read a lot. It's something I do often to relax, so I've started creating quite a library of stuff. I got 3 bookcases to make a short library wall for my books and knick-knacks. I know that over time my collection will grow, so I wanted extra space for that. We got them put together and arranged and I just love them!! The whole room has been opened up and with the new tv and furniture, it looks like a completely different room. Last thing on the list is to change the window coverings, but that will be my July project. Since most of you aren't able to visit, I thought I'd post the pictures on the blog, so you can see a bit of what our living room now looks like. If I ever get around to cleaning the house (meaning, if the house is ever clean long enough!), I'll take pictures of the rest of my house to share with all of you who haven't had the chance to see it. :-)
4 comments:
Let's see, we had our library shelving built in September of 2001, by September of 2002, all my knick knacks were gone and there were books on every square inch of shelf space -- and my libary is three times the size of your shelves (not a brag, just a statement of fact), and I have been holding in my angst every since the last knick knack was removed by my husband to make room for more books. Now you would love my library, it looks like my father's house with books spilling out on the floor!!!!!!
Or maybe it's a Drexler thing -- books I mean. Just be prepared for the Drexler book spillage to happen, because when you least expect it, there it will be -- book spillage in your perfectly lovely living room!
haha That's too funny! I can't imagine ANY house looking like Grandpa's! Pete doesn't read, so if there are books to be bought and read, they'll be mine. So, my book additions may be a slower process then yours. But, I'm looking forward to filling up those shelves with more books for sure!
ok, i've finally seen your blog. the furniture is beautiful and i'm only slightly jealous of your slightly larger tv. your BOOKshelves are oddly filled with more knickknacks than books though. i suppose like judi said, that will change with time.
Post a Comment