Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St Patrick's Day


Happy St Patty's Day everyone! Got the kids all dressed in their green clothes and sent them off to school. Livie wasn't dressed in her green yet, so I told her I'd take her picture later and she got mad that she could take it with Madie and Noah, so she never let me take it. :-) Ornery!!! Noah said leprechauns raided his school room today and messed everything up. I talked to his teacher and she said the kids got pretty crazy after they saw the mess that he made. She said it took a while to get everyone calmed down again. When I went in today to do my volunteering stuff after lunch, I could tell they were still excited about it, because about 10 kids came up to me "Noah's mom! Did you hear that leprechauns came and messed up our room?!!" Guess those little leprechauns even sprinkled glitter everywhere. Really cute. :-)

Madie said they did a lesson using Lucky Charms and afterwards, got to eat them. I'm sure when she said they ate them, she was only referring to the marshmallows, because anytime they eat that here, all that's left are the "lucky" parts, not the "charm" parts. ;-) Sounds like they all had a great time. Now they're outside enjoying our beautiful, wonderful day. Best St. Patty's Day we've had in a long time!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's why we never have Lucky Charms in our house. The marshmallows get eaten and the cereal gets left behind. I have this crazy rule in our house that I only buy cereal that's the same. Yes to Honeycombs, Fruit Loops, Apple Jacks and No to Lucky Charms and Crunch Berries. Weird I know!

Lori said...

No, I get it. If I buy anything with marshmallows, all that's left in a week are the regular bits. And, then it sits there for months, because no one actually wants to eat the bits! Trust me. Not weird at all.