This picture was actually taken a couple months ago, but I didn't take a "Before" shot of the whole hair look. It looked like this though.
This is the one I took this morning. Here you can see the massive amounts of white hair that were growing in my 34 yr old head. And, when you're 4'10", that's all people see when they look at me! Ugh!!!!
And, now here's the after. I didn't tell her what color I wanted. Just let her go with it and I really love it!! It's got chunky highlights in a honey-brown/blonde color and then she did a full color over the rest of my hair in a medium/dark brown. And, she straightened it. It's so soft and is laying so nicely. I want her to do my hair every day!!! I think I look a lot younger than I did before.
Here you can see the difference on what it looks like now. I think it's fun and funky. When I got home, Pete was in the bedroom on the computer and I said "So, do you want to see your blonde wife now?" He didn't believe me, but I rounded the corner, his eyes popped and he was like, "Wow! That's really different!!". Livie came in then and was giggling nervously, "I see your blonde hair mommmy." She was giving me these funny looks like I was an alien or something. It's different, but not THAT different, I didn't think. Madie said "Wow Mommy. Your hair is like blonde or something". But, Noah cracked me up the most. When I asked him if he noticed anything different about me, he thought and looked at me and said "Do you have a new coat?" (typical man!) - "No." "OH! Your hair is different!" I asked him if he liked it and he said, "Yeah, because you looked like a little old lady with your grey hair and now you look like Goldilocks" hahahaha I laughed so hard!!! Such funny kids.
9 comments:
You have to know that early graying is genetic for you. I was getting gray hairs when I was 16. I started "rinsing" my hair when I was that young. They had little capsules and you mixed it with water, then poured it over your head and it got rid of the gray for a couple of washings, that was all. After I got married I started actually using L'Oriel or one of the other mixes and would do my hair when the gray roots started showing. Then in my 30s I went to salt and pepper -- a short cut with black and white together. I actually had it dyed that way, there was so much gray. Then in my 40s I said, forget this. Too much trouble and went all gray. Of course, I got statements hurled at me like, how old is your son --- and they were referring to Alan, my husband. And how old were my grandchildren, and they were referring to my own children. And the best thing was I got senior citizen discounts all over the place and finally stopped telling the checkout people that I didn't qualify. Now I have gray hair and it's okay, because I'm 66 and should have gray hair.
Oh yes, it's genetic because my dad was almost white by the time he was 50, mom was gray in her 30s. My son, Phil, is completely gray and he's not yet 40. Heather is complaining about the gray hair. Becky has a lot of them and dyes her hair, as does Cyndi. Enjoy the dye-ing for the next many, many years.
Oh, yeah, I stopped dying it because I read somewhere that people who died their hair were more likely to get cancer than people who never dyed their hair.
Don't want to scare you!
Oh great. Guess you're suggesting I eat broccoli - a "known" cancer preventer, right? I see your agenda here, lady!! ;-) Jenny actually mentioned our lovely family greying history. I got my first greys at 20 and it's all been downhill from there. I don't think I'll mind having them when I'm in my 60s, but 34? No thanks.
You look GREAT Lori!! You do look younger than before. Although I do need to point out that you are only 34 and really don't need to look younger. Personally I would LOVE to be 34 again.
BTW, I just have to point out that I have NO grey hairs yet (and I don't dye my hair). I inherited my grandma's hair and she didn't go grey until later in life. Yippee!!
Oh rub it in Amy. Thanks a lot.... And, you have blonde hair, so even if you were turning grey, no one would notice. You have like 2 great things going for you there. Think of the money you're saving by NOT having to dye it and get it done. Millions, I say. MILLIONS!! Oh, and feel free to send me some of those millions anytime. I could use it for future hair treatments. I think it's the least you could do since, ya know, you're so grey-resisitant and all. Help support us who aren't as fortunate. I'd appreciate a check by the end of the month. Thanks. :-)
I'll get right on that. You don't mind if I postdate the check a couple decades do you?
I showed the picture of your new look to Phil and his response was "ok?" He totally didn't notice any difference-thought you looked exactly the same. That's pretty typical of Captain Oblivious though!
Couple decades?? Well, I guess I can wait a little while, but I fully expect that check by 2028! Then I'll be able to retire and buy a vacation home in Hawaii. Yay!
Phil is typical of every man alive. They don't notice it unless it's something to do with video games or food. ;-)
You are sooo funny!!! It looks great, by the way! I am using sun-in to do the same thing to my hair as you did. I'm going gradually so as not to damage it. Icky, mean grey genes!! >:-(
After using every dye colour under the sun the last couple of decades, I'm doing a more natural route (since I'm trying to get pregnant). I just spray the parts with the grey and turn them blondish red. Ha! Take that, grey. Have you noticed how weird the texture is on those grey hairs? How they seem to stick straight up in the air if they're not colour-treated? And plucking them just hurts.
heehee. you have the funnest posts. Have a happy week, sweetie!!
jen
Post a Comment