Monday, April 27, 2009

Hair

Yesterday as I was looking at some blogs, I found a link to another gal's blog. Someone I don't know, but what I found was fantastic!! When I was pregnant with Madie, I would tell everyone that I hoped I was having a boy, because I had no idea how to do little girls' hair. Now, here I am, 8 yrs later STILL not knowing how to do little girls' hair. Well, that has all be remedied!! The blog I found is called "She Does Hair" and it's by a woman with 3 little girls and she does step-by-step walkthroughs on different hair styles she does on her girls - taking pictures of each step and explaining it all for us. I love it!!!! I sat my girls down yesterday and tried a style and they ended up looking pretty good for a first-timers like myself. Sadly, she has stopped the blog to spend more time with her family. Things have come up that she needs to devote her time to and can't continue the blog. I'm sooooo sad! But, she has lots of super-cute designs on there for us hairdo-challenged moms that are on there, even if she doesn't have any new ones coming in to post about. Here's what I tried today....




This is her oldest, who looks to be about the same age as Madie. She put her hair in two ponytails, braided them, then stuck them out the top and tied a ribbon around them. Adorable!





This is Madie's hair where I did the same thing. Granted, she's still in her pjs at the time, but she wore a red and white shirt and jeans, so it actually did match. But, Madie just loved it and just thought she was the cutest thing ever! And, of course, I thought she was too. :-)



This was the gal's middle daughter. She looks like she might be about Noah's age. I thought this one looked pretty simple to try with Olivia. Ponytails that go zig-zagged across her head with a flower at the end. Just wish I had more bows and flowers. I have never really bought a lot of them, because again, I have been so bad at doing their hair before. But, looks like I need to go do some shopping now!!!










So, here's Livie with her new do. :-) Since her hair's curly, I just wrapped the rest of her hair into a single ringlet. Her hair can get pretty wild with all the curls, so she's enjoying having it out of her face for once.
I just thought this blog was a life saver and I can't wait to try more styles. I've added the link to the side on the blog list I have going. I'll have to work my up to trying the harder things she has, but boy are they cute and once I get myself an arsonal of ties and bows and flowers, my girls will be cuter than ever!! :-)


4 comments:

stipeygirl75 said...

Pretty! My mom used to comb and style my hair every morning. But back then there weren't as many creative hairdos for girls. There was 1 ponytail, 2 ponytails, plain braid(s)or. . .little ponytails on each side of the top of the head. That was about all :) Oh also my mom used to put my hair in braids when it was still damp, and I would go to sleep like that. When I woke up I took the braids out and had a cool curly texture to my hair.

The Guerreros said...

I love it!!! At 34 I still can't do my own hair so bonus that you found some cool ideas for the girls!

Amy said...

Thanks for hooking me up with this. I'm gonna have to check this out sometime. I am very hairdo-challenged. I can do a basic ponytail as long as you don't mind that it's kinda lopsided and not too tight. It'll be fun to get some cute ideas for the girls' hair. Of course I just cut their hair short so my options are limited at this point I think, which is probably good!

Suzy said...

Ooh, what a great blog! I can't wait until Lucy and Dahlia have long hair!! You did a great job on the hairdos, by the way ... the girls look super-cute!