Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Pete - Part 2

For part 2 of "Pete's Super-Birthday Extravaganza Weekend" we made his cake. :-) While Pete and the kids were outside playing (before the rain came), I baked him a double layer confetti cake - his favorite! Then after it cooled, I frosted it with confetti icing - again, his favorite. Then it was the kids' turn.....



I gave each of them a container of icing. Noah had green, Livie had blue, and Madie had red. They each covered their 1/3 of the cake in their icing. Madie made stripes, Livie just managed to get some on without a particular design, and Noah created a giant green blob. The way they ice a cake is a lot like their personalities, I've found. It was funny!


Then I gave them cake pieces to put on that had balloons, squigglies, and "Happy Birthday". Mostly just so Pete could recognize the fact that it was INDEED a birthday cake and not just a solid round icing blob. Though, I don't think he would've complained if it had been that. ;-)



To top it off, I gave them each a handful of sprinkles and voila! A beautiful cake decorated by the 3 people who love him the most. I have mentioned that my children think that their daddy is practically a diety, right? It's like God/Jesus comes first, then Pete, and then somewhere down the ladder under crescent rolls somewhere is my name. At least I'm still ahead of broccoli, right?


They brought Pete out, with his eyes closed, and then surprised him with his fantastic cake. :-) Since Noah doesn't actually like cake, he passed, but the girls and Pete ate it up! It got his full stamp of approval. Well done kids! Well done.

No comments: