Here we are enjoying our Goshen fav - pizza and Mancinos breadsticks! Yum!!! Pete didn't eat lunch, just to leave more room in his stomach for breadsticks. :-)
We, of course, brought our Wii and got Phyl and Nancy to play. Here they are racing cows on Wii Play. Mom cracked up the whole time watching them.
Here's cute little Wrigley sleeping on Jeff, I believe. Well, she was sleeping, but she woke up just as we were taking the picture. When she's asleep, with her tongue hanging out, she looks dead and it's hilarious.
The ultimate was getting them to play Mariokart. They screamed and laughed and it was hilarious!!!! I don't know if Mariokart is for the over 60 crowd. ;-)
And, amazingly, we talked dad into signing up for Facebook. Em and I walked him through it and despite his postings referring to me as the "Facebook Nazi", I was really helpful and kind to him throughout the process. I think there was only minor amounts of yelling and pointing. ;-) Now, because he types about 3 words per minute, he's not quite able to keep up with the demand. He's made quite a few friends these past 3 days and trying to keep up with them as been challenging for him, but he's catching on quickly. He took Pete with him on Mon afternoon to buy a new computer and Pete got it set up for him and mom there on their new desk. He set up their links to the blogs and sports pages and email, so it's just a click away for them. Dad spent most of Monday night reading his sis's blog and I spent most of Monday afternoon showing mom this blog and my dad blog as well. I think they're both excited to have gotten the help to make it into the new century.
All in all, despite the sicknesses we all had, it was a really fun couple of days. We got to catch up and I got to hear stories about my mom's side of the family that I don't know a whole lot about and that was really cool! :-)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you posted pictures of my brother and your mother. I really need to get up there to see him and your mom. We're thinking July -- end of July -- that's when the Friends of Israel conference is at Grace, which isn't too far from your dad's home.
Your dad did write to me, and I hope you understood the message I returned to him about Christmas and birthdays. it was meant as a joke, but after I sent it, I thought some people might not understand the Drexler humor.
I DID read your comment and almost fell on the floor laughing!!!!! I even went out into the living room and told Pete. :-) Hysterical!!!!!I will say in dad's "wordless" defense, he types like a 3-yr old. He uses 2 fingers and searches for each letter, so he's slow. He's been totally innodated with friends and he's facebooks like he's talks, so he feels the need to say hi to all of them and he can't keep up. He came back from the church on Wed morning, before we left and was like "Why'd you get me started on FB?!!! I can't keep up with all of it!". ;-) He's having fun with it though. He found a friend from PCB and chatted with him and a friend from Triton that he talked to. And, now that Pete made a link to your blogs and to Facebook, he can just click on it and view it really easily. Like I said, he was sitting there reading your blog for a long time on Monday night and would look over at me and say, "Wow. I remember all of this stuff." He really enjoyed it and now he'll be able to keep up on it. But, I wouldn't worry if people don't get the Drexler humor. I got it and cracked up!
Post a Comment