Saturday, April 25, 2009

Opening Day

This morning was T-ball Opening Day!! Well, it wasn't actually just for tballers. It was Opening Day for all Marseilles Youth Sports. And, by "Youth Sports" I mean bball, sball, and tball. There were soooo many people there and the kids were so excited to see all their friends from school. Right before we left the house, it was raining. But, by the time we got to the ball field, it had stopped. The ball field is only a couple minutes away, so it was nice that it didn't rain long, though it looked like it was going to downpour the entire time we were there.



Noah hadn't had any practices yet, so we wandered around until we found a gal carrying red shirts. We knew he was on the red team and I had talked to his coach before, so I knew her name. Once we found her, we got the schedule and he got his shirt and hat. He was soooo excited about it! This, however, didn't last very long.


Here he is sporting his new shirt and hat. He's being sponsored by the Marseilles Police Deparment. And, his number is #7 (my fav number!) As the rest of the kids started coming to the field, he would see his friends and wave at them, but when I took him to go say hi to his best friend Keedan, he started getting really shy. He kind of hung back and would go talk to anyone. He would say to me, "I'm too shy". Shy?! Noah doesn't usually have a shy bone in his body! But, he was getting so self-conscious and shy about seeing everyone that he kind of retreated into a corner and was so clingy. But, after I talked to him a bit and gave him some time on his own, he seemed to warm up and not be so shy. He told me later that some of his teammates asked his name and he said Noah and they seemed nice. So, I'm hoping he'll come out of his shell quickly one practices start.



Here is his team. No one from his class at school is on his team, but several others are on other teams, so he'll get to play them at least. :-)



All the many, many teams lined up against the back fence and the announcer called each player by name and let them run across the field and line up with their team. Before this part though, the local color guard came and a gal from the Ottawa High School came and sang the national anthem. It was a much bigger deal than I realized when I showed up that morning. Really neat!



Here are all the tballers lined up with their coaches on the 3rd base line. There are 6 teams in all. I should've taken a picture of the rest of the teams, because there were so many there. Since I grew up spending my summers on a ball field, I'm so excited to see Noah play. Just hope he has fun with it and learns to enjoy his teammates and the game as well. So Red!!

No comments: