Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You're My Best Friend

Noah has a best friend. A very best friend. The bestest friend in the whole wide world and his name is Keedan. When Noah first started school, he was a little shy and clung to Madie during recesses. But, I would say about 3 months ago I noticed that he was really becoming close to another little boy in his class. He had made lots of friends after just a few weeks, but no special attachments. But, after Christmas I started to see him getting closer to Keedan. And, in the past month or two, they have been inseparable!! They come out hugging and play together and just love each other to pieces. And, Keedan is the sweetest little boy you'd ever meet. Very soft spoken and kind. You just want to eat him up!! I finally got a chance to talk to his grandma who works at the school and told her how much my Noah loves her grandson. She said he talks about Noah all the time and that his mom wants to set up playdates for this summer, which I can't wait to set up! Madie didn't have a best friend until 1st grade, so for him to have one in kindergarten is just so fun. :-) Nothing quite like seeing your kids find their best friends for the first time. To see someone else appreciate your child and love them back just warms my heart. I remember seeing that with Madie last year with Katie and now this year with Noah. He and Keedan have a special bond. I know this will grow and change as he grows and changes, but he couldn't have picked a sweeter, more wonderful 1st best friend ever! They take care of each other and play together and almost knock each other over with their hugs. It's absolutely adorable!!!




Noah said: He's the best friend ever. I love him. And, he's my only best friend. :-)

3 comments:

stipeygirl75 said...

This is soooo cute. Freddy also has a best friend, Logan, since they were in daycare together. Then, they went to separate elementary schools and were apart for a few years. When we enrolled Freddy in summer day camp, we discovered Logan was there too and they were so THRILLED! They ran outside and began playing as if it they had never been apart :) It really helped him get used to the "new" camp, to have his best friend there! They even had their own special language- they called each other "weps". LOL!!!! Noah and Keedan will be the same :) Ask them if they have developed a secret language yet!

Lori said...

That's so cute!! His teacher said they're probably going to be in separate classes next year, because they are so talkative. She says they are so alike and just cling to each other. It's soooo cute and it's so fun for me to hear that Freddy is still close with his best friend. I want Noah to be able to keep that special friendship even if they are separated.

stipeygirl75 said...

Yeah, I hear ya. Freddy has to be separated from Logan on field trips because they get in too much trouble. Same with his friends in his class - they have to be on separate sides of the room! They call each other on the phone, have sleepovers and birthday parties, etc. to keep in touch.