We sat towards the back and it was a great view! This is actually not as close as we were sitting. We sat a lot closer, but I wanted to get a wide shot, so you could the whole field. It was such a beautiful day too. We sat in the shade, obviously, and the breeze was so nice and it really couldn't have been better out. They played the Minnesota Twins and unfortunately we sat a couple rows in front of a guy who was already plastered by the 2nd inning when we got there and he was yelling at everyone and laughing at himself. He thought he was hilarious. We just wanted to bash him in the face. I've never understood why there's a need for beer at the games. If they want to have that, then they should have big family sections where that's not allowed, because if my kids had been there, I would've been really upset. They don't need to see stuff like that. Let alone hear the nastiness that came out of his mouth. Sorry, rant over. That was really the only thing that made our time unhappy. The rest of it was fantastic and I can't wait to go again next year!!
This was the first Cubs game I had been to since I was in 6th grade, so I was really excited!!
I shot a little video of our time there. I WISH I had recorded the very end of the game. It was awesome!! We were tied 2-2 and the Twins had defeated the Cubs the previous 2 games. We REALLY wanted to win (and winning meant shutting up the loser behind us too! hehe). Bottom of the 9th the Cubbies had a base hit. Then the next guy hit a double, making the players on 2nd and 3rd. Then the Twins walked the next guy, so bases were loaded. All the Cubs fans were on their feet, just anxious to see if they'd pull it off or we'd go into extra innings. The next guy came up to bat and hit a line drive and we scored!!! The crowd went CRAZY! It was awesome!! I should've been ready with the video, but I wasn't, but boy was it exciting!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment