Saturday, June 27, 2009

Curious Kids Museum

On Friday Pete and Jayson went golfing, so Laura and I took the 7 kids down to the Silver Lake Park area/downtown St Joe, to the Curious Kids Museum. I've never been to a kids' museum before and boy, was it awesome!!!!





This is the entry way. The kids were listening to the instructor telling them the rules.






The first station we went to was the face-painting station. Livie went with Jack, Charlie, and Laura into the toddler area while I painted the kids' faces. There were lots of other things to do in that room, so they played while I took them one by one. Noah wanted to be a cat.





Madie was a dalmation doggie. She dressed up in the dress-up area after I painted her face.





Livie wanted to be a dinosaur (of course), but since I have no idea how to make dinosaur faces, I just drew a dino on her face and she put on the mask.




Here is the super-awesome volcano that they got to slide down. Every 80 seconds it "erupted" and made thunder noises and flashing lights went off. They LOVED this part!! See them all lined up at the top?





This was where they fed the dinosaurs. They could feed both the carnivore and the herbivore. Livie was feeding them both dino beanies. :-)





This was the jungle room. Madie dressed up as a macaw.





This was the apple orchard. They picked apples off the trees and put them in the box. They turned the conveyor belt thingy and it would drop the apples back into the tree. All the kids got into this one as well.




Then we went on the second floor. The stuff up there was really cool! This was a space shuttle. It was really big and really fun!





This is one of those lightening ball things.





From 1-3pm they told us they would have a special dinosaur thing in the basement. We were so excited. Livie could hardly contain herself about going to the dinosaur exhibit!! Well, we got to the basement and found 2 long tables with xeroxed pictures of dinosaurs to color. Not QUITE what we expected!!! But, they did the crafts and had fun. Livie made a dinosaur hat.






This was the Chinese writing room. They got to use stamps to make chinese lettering things. I now have 3 strips of paper with chinese lettering and I have no idea what they mean! All in all, we had a fantastic time! Granted, both Laura and I were glad when our visit was done, because keeping track of 7 kids isn't easy!! But, the kids had a great time and none of us got burnt in the process! :-)

No comments: