
Noah got his tball team pictures back this week. His glasses were a little dark, because he had been standing outside in the sun (we all have the transitions lenses), but I thought they turned out really well, despite that. He is one of the tallest on his team, which makes me feel good, considering it could've been just the opposite with a mom like me. ;-) He's had 2 games so far and it's always so fun to go to them. There's always someone on the other team he knows, so he's excited to see them and play them. And, there are always kids there that Madie knows, so she and Livie play with them while Noah plays. He's even getting better at staying focused on the game. Yes, when he played on Wed, he had to do cartwheels nearly every time he went after a ball, but that just means he wants to make sure it's entertaining for us, right? ;-) We're looking forward to another 4 weeks of games before we end the season. It's just been so fun!
4 comments:
Regarding Bush (that's the older one, btw) not liking broccoli, I already knew that. Doesn't matter. More people like it than don't, and the benefits of eating it, whether you like it or not, far outweigh not eating it. Think of it as a medicine if you have to. It's an anti-cancer veggie, like the tomato, but far more powerful than the tomato in preventing cancer. I know this because I eat a lot of broccoli and I so far do not have cancer. Alan has never eaten broccoli and we all know what he went through.
Please read this website: http://home.howstuffworks.com/broccoli3.htm
Broccoli is called the miracle food. Doesn't everyone want a miracle in their life? Just think, you could have a miracle once a week if you ingested broccoli instead of peas or green beans. Hmmmm.
The only "miracle" that comes with broccoli is its ability to con so many people into believing it's awesome. Thank goodness I've seen its TRUE nature and have dismissed it, even ridiculed it - despite its threats against me. I would MUCH rather enjoy sweet, wonderful, complacent veggies like green beans, peas, and lettuce, than something so angry and deceiving as broccoli.
And, yes, I knew that was George Sr. Dad used to quote that line all the time from the pulpit when I was in high school. It's always been a favorite of mine. :-)
Post a Comment