Saturday, November 20, 2010

Harry Potter



This is a picture of Madie when she was still excited to see Harry Potter #7. Twenty minutes after this picture was taken, all happiness and excitement vanished and it was replaced by terror. ;-) Madie and I have gone together, just the two of us, to the last 3 HP movies. Always exiting the theater with exuberance! So, I totally thought we'd have the same experience this time. We had our popcorn. We had our water. We were ready. But, I realized quickly into the movie that this one was a lot darker and much scarier than all previous movies. And, all it took was Madie tugging on my hand for me to see the tears rolling down her face. She wanted to leave. It was too much for her. So, we left and it took quite a lot of consoling to get her to calm down. So, I didn't get to get my HP fix last night, but I went with a friend today and it was AWESOME! But, also very scary and definitely not appropriate for 9 yr old. Glad I made the decision to leave when I did. I think she would've been totally freaked out if we had stayed for the whole thing. I absolutely LOVED it though and can't wait for the summer to see the final one. Then, I'll start reading the series. For once, I decided to watch the movies first before reading the books. Just hoping I can make it to the end without being spoiled!!

No comments: