Monday, November 29, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

We are having a big Christmas party here in 2 weeks. My first ever Christmas party. I'm very excited!! It's going to be for our elder board of which I am a member and their spouses/children. Because of that, I have to get this house in tip-top shape, so we have places for these 30 people who are coming!! Because our schedule is going to be so jam-packed over these next two weeks, I decided we needed to get decorating.


Yesterday was literally the only weekend day we had available before this party comes, so after we got home from church we got right to work. Pete got me a couple of chairs as my birthday/christmas/martin luther king/memorial day present and they came on Sat. So, he got to work building them while Noah and I brought up the Christmas decorations from the basement. The kids and I got right to work!

As with any decorating, the house becomes a bigger mess than when you started, as you see in the two pictures above. The clean-up comes afterwards.



We took a little break in the afternoon, so Pete could watch the Bears game. He also had watched the Vikings game before that, but at least he worked during that game. ;-) After the game was over, we started decorating the tree.


This is the new ornament we got this year. It's a countdown to Christmas. Only 26 days left!



The kids were very happy with the finished product. I had to reign them in a bit or every single ornament we own, broken or not, would've been on that tree! We just have to find a topper now, because our star broke last year. :-(




Pete decided to add lights to the plant shelf, so once again he hopped up there to do some work.




We added a few things to it again and now it looks festive too!




This is the buffet in it's finished state. I got those light-up boxes last year at Hallmark and they are some of my favorite decorations. Aunt Phyl made me that garland the year I was married. :-)



These are our new chairs and the bookcases all decorated. When the Christmas tree gets put away after Christmas, those chairs will flank the tv. But, for now, they look really pretty here. :-) I need to finish putting up the outside lights today and get the house cleaned up and boxes put away, but at least we have one job done. Just 200 more to go before the party!

2 comments:

Judi Hahn said...

I especially like the festivity of the ironing board in the second picture. I have an extra one (barely used) if you want it. :)

Lori said...

Considering I iron once a year at best, I think my ironing board is probably going to be fine for another couple decades, but thanks! And, yes, I felt the yellow of the ironing board cover really brought a spring-like feel to our holiday decorations.