Our niece Allyssa was there and we discovered as everyone was getting their pjs on that she and Livie matched! They looked so cute together with their little froggy footed pjs.
The next day was Thanksgiving and we had a delicious lunch together! Nana T never fails to provide us with the yummiest Thanksgiving food! The kids ate it all up. Afterwards, we all just relaxed and enjoyed the time together. The kids played some Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.
They didn't know any of the answers, really, but they had fun anyway!

While they did that, we all looked over the Black Friday ads and writing down our lists for the morning. You can tell Scott was really excited! ;-) I ended up going up to Goshen that night around 10pm, because Em, Jeff, and I were going to stay up the entire night and shop. We started off at Walmart, where the crazy began around midnight. We tag-teamed it and went in like the pros we are and loaded up on everything we wanted on our lists. I did pretty good, even when we had to stand outside in the FREEZING cold for almost 2 hours, waiting for Target to open. Jeff was the sacrificial lamb that night, because he stood in line for us, while we ran to Walmart to scope things out. So, that poor guy was out there even longer than we were! Not to mention the fact that once we actually WERE in Target, he stayed behind with the cart, while we went back to Walmart to see which deal was better on the TVs. Target was the one to go with, so we texted him back to get in line, and we met up again shortly after. I was impressed with myself that at (almost) 36, I can still pull an all-nighter (without dying), but I will say it was not without a whole lot of whining and a few moments where I hit a wall I didn't think I could cross. Hit the first one at 4:30am and the next one at about 6:00am. But, we all survived and we had a lot of fun in the process. And, I think the kids will be more than thrilled with the things they're going to get on Christmas morning!

I went back down to the Trolingers after I finished up shopping around 7am. Pete and his mom had left to go do their own BF shopping, so Papa T was watching the kids. I got there around 8 and tried to take over by popping in Toy Story 3, but I was quickly asleep on the couch and when I got up a couple hours later, Marc told me to go upstairs and get some more sleep. He had the kids covered and, boy, was that fantastic!! Slept another hour or so and felt like I was going to be ok. Still was tired, but it was more my body than my mind at that point. Pete came home while I was sleeping and told me he had a really fun time with his mom. Really glad they got to go together. :-) Later that afternoon, we all headed up to Goshen to spend the rest of the day with the Drexler side. We got dad and mom a TV at the BF sales, but we wanted to make it fit in the old entertainment center. So, once we got up there, Pete, Jeff, and Dad got to work and modified it to make the flat screen fit.
While they did that, we all looked over the Black Friday ads and writing down our lists for the morning. You can tell Scott was really excited! ;-) I ended up going up to Goshen that night around 10pm, because Em, Jeff, and I were going to stay up the entire night and shop. We started off at Walmart, where the crazy began around midnight. We tag-teamed it and went in like the pros we are and loaded up on everything we wanted on our lists. I did pretty good, even when we had to stand outside in the FREEZING cold for almost 2 hours, waiting for Target to open. Jeff was the sacrificial lamb that night, because he stood in line for us, while we ran to Walmart to scope things out. So, that poor guy was out there even longer than we were! Not to mention the fact that once we actually WERE in Target, he stayed behind with the cart, while we went back to Walmart to see which deal was better on the TVs. Target was the one to go with, so we texted him back to get in line, and we met up again shortly after. I was impressed with myself that at (almost) 36, I can still pull an all-nighter (without dying), but I will say it was not without a whole lot of whining and a few moments where I hit a wall I didn't think I could cross. Hit the first one at 4:30am and the next one at about 6:00am. But, we all survived and we had a lot of fun in the process. And, I think the kids will be more than thrilled with the things they're going to get on Christmas morning!
I went back down to the Trolingers after I finished up shopping around 7am. Pete and his mom had left to go do their own BF shopping, so Papa T was watching the kids. I got there around 8 and tried to take over by popping in Toy Story 3, but I was quickly asleep on the couch and when I got up a couple hours later, Marc told me to go upstairs and get some more sleep. He had the kids covered and, boy, was that fantastic!! Slept another hour or so and felt like I was going to be ok. Still was tired, but it was more my body than my mind at that point. Pete came home while I was sleeping and told me he had a really fun time with his mom. Really glad they got to go together. :-) Later that afternoon, we all headed up to Goshen to spend the rest of the day with the Drexler side. We got dad and mom a TV at the BF sales, but we wanted to make it fit in the old entertainment center. So, once we got up there, Pete, Jeff, and Dad got to work and modified it to make the flat screen fit.
No comments:
Post a Comment