Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Day of School

Today is the day! The first day of school for all THREE of my kids. I now realize that if I'm going to get them showered, dressed, and fed before school, then I'm going to have to get up at like 6am. Probably earlier on the day where I have to get ready myself! Definitely a busy morning, but I love the first day of school. So, I welcome that busyness. :-)



Madie was up first today and got herself looking spiffy for her first day of 5th grade. I always buy the kids new first-day-of-school outfits and this is the one I picked for her. She said if she was wearing her boots, she'd feel like a cowgirl! I loved the matching shoes and the fact that it was a really thin, light material, so when it gets really hot in there today (we have no a/c in our schools!), she wouldn't be too uncomfortable. :-) She was pretty excited to start school today, especially now that she knows some of her best friends are in her class.





Noah wasn't "excited" about school this morning. He was more resigned about going to school. As he told me, "No boy in the world is ever excited about going to school!". But, hey at least he smiled for the camera. Livie LOVES his bigfoot/yeti shirt. She barely let him leave the house with it on. It glows in the dark too, so if he finds himself in the janitor's closet today, he'll at least be able to see himself. ;-)






Livie was without a doubt the most excited kindergartner ever! I think she is more excited than the other two, because she's seen them go to school since she was little and never got to go herself and now finally, after all these years of staying at home, she gets to go too!! She got this outfit at The Children's Place like Madie did. She's my fashionista, so this was right up her alley. I sent her a clippy, so if she gets hot, she can pull her hair up. I was going to pull it up for her, but I couldn't let her go to school on her first day without having her beautiful, long hair down for pictures. She's learning to suffer for beauty at 5. ;-)




They were all packed up, lunchboxes and school supplies in hand, ready for their first day!!!







Pete always tries to go in late on their first day of school, so we can walk them in. It's even more important, because it's Livie's first day of school ever, so he had to be there! Madie is old enough now that she didn't like that we were walking her. She's a 5th grader now, as she reminded me several times. Didn't even get a goodbye hug this time from her. She's growing up (and learning to be embarrassed by her mom). I do think Madie felt a little overshadowed by Livie, because we were so excited for her, but we told her we're excited for everyone when they start kindergarten and excited every year as we see them start a new grade. Hopefully both 5th grade for her and 3rd grade for Noah is filled with great adventures and wonderful friendships! And, of course, for Livie too. :-)






So, off they went, down to the red door and inside the school. Can't wait to see what great days they have today as we go out tonight to celebrate! Good luck today, kiddos! Love you to pieces - all of you!!



No comments: