Saturday, May 18, 2013

Basketball Hoop

I don't know if most people would blog about something as insignificant as putting up a basketball hoop, but I'm not most people! :-)  I'm mostly blogging about it, because (a) it looks great! and (2) it took a lot of work! 




While Madie, Noah, and I were off watching Ironman 3, Pete was here with Livie digging a very large, 2' deep hole.  What a trooper!



Our neighbor Leroy works with concrete all the time and was very sweet to come over and help Pete smooth it out and make sure it was all the right consistency.  I helped mix the concrete, I'm happy to say.  It took 2 separate weekends to get those two steps done.  Mostly, because we've been so busy and our weekends have been full of many other things.





We had to let the concrete cure for several days, but today we finally finished it all up!  Pete worked on putting the whole thing together last night, with a little help from me (aka sorting all the parts and handing them to him as he worked).  It was hard to put together and Pete MAY have said a few choice things as he was building it, but at least it's done and looks terrific now!



Because our driveway is sloped, we have a problem with the ball rolling into the street, so I bought this net that goes across the end of the driveway and that's helped a lot.




The kids have been outside playing off and on all day today.  AND, I'm proud to say that Pete and I went into overtime during our free throw contest.  We were all tied up, but then Pete came back to beat me by 4. It's a lot of fun and hopefully will be used often.  The best part?  It can go up to 10' and down to 7 1/2', so we can adjust it for them.  Granted, I can't actually reach the handle when it's on anything other than the highest setting, but we'll just make sure Pete leaves it in the lowest position for us. :-)

No comments: